Vaseline works for an inhull transducer.

Joel Aronson

On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:31 AM, Jim Watts <paradigmat...@gmail.com> wrote:

If going in-hull, you can test your location while in the water by placing
a baggie of water between the transducer and the hull. If it works like
that, it will work glued down. *This does not work if the boat is out of
the water*. I shouldn't have to say that, but I will because I have had a
couple of people do just that.

FWIW, the transducer maker, Airmar, recommends epoxy, and specifically
warns against silicone.