When I had an A4 on a previous boat, I had the same problem. There was a filter
on the end of the fuel pickup tube that was clogged. At low speed the engine
worked fine, but at higher engine rpm's, the engine was fuel starved, and it
cut out. Remove the pickup tube from the tank, and clean the filter (if there
is one). I used 3M All Purpose adhesive Cleaner, but any solvent that will
dissolve the clog will work. I'm willing to bet that will cure your problem.

Alan Bergen
C&C 35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR