Hi Robert,

I gotta say that if you enjoy a 25 hour old scotch then it's no wonder you think an regular 12 year is overpriced :)

I like your comment regarding the snobs, if people can be honest with themselves they can find bargains. Here is a cheap Canadian whisky that can place in the top 10 of blind taste at a $120 "Whisky Tasting seminar". The presenter loves that part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Premium

Only in Canada eh? Pity.

And all this from a rum snob....
        Cheers, Russ