I just went through this .. I had a Mirage 24.
I think I'm younger than a lot of the listers here .. I'm not married, and
I don't have kids. I do however, have a girlfriend, we live together and we
sail together. I got her into sailing and she loves it, we call it "our
boat".

My requirements might be different than yours but first and foremost, I
wanted the best boat for the money and a boat I would keep for a while, I'm
not interested in changing boats every few years. This meant a boat that
was in good shape and the biggest I could afford. I was originally looking
at C&C 27s but people want a lot of money for those (comparatively), then
30's and the story was the same there .. I went to look at a C&C 32 on a
whim, the ad had been on yachtworld for a long time so I thought what the
hell, it's worth looking at .. most of the boats I had driven around to
look at up to that point proved to be a waste of time and gas, this one was
close by!

I fell in love right away, like instantly. It was a bigger boat than I was
planning on buying but it was in great shape. The first boat I looked at
that had a completely dry deck. It does have an atomic 4. My thinking there
was, better a well cared for 30 year old gasser than a poorly maintained 30
year old diesel. Either way, with an old boat comes an old motor and gas or
diesel you'll likely encounter problems. The A4 equipped boats sell for
less, which was attractive to me in my case. I'm a tinkerer and the Moyer
Marine website has all the info and parts you'll ever need to keep an A4
running. I got the boat for less than 20k. Of course, I've spent a
considerable amount updating it, but I'm happy with the boat and I love it.
I like the C&C 30s as well but they are an older design and lack the
quarter birth, which was something I found attractive in the 32, they are
similar boats in a few ways though.

The looks thing is important and I'll echo what another poster said .. you
better think your's is the most beautiful boat in the anchorage.

Good luck with the search.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto