What are thoughts on  the Frigate and Corvette.  They look beautiful but I have
never sailed one.

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Gary Nylander
Sent: July-10-13 10:27 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Cruising World's 40 best sailboats

I have to say (from one charter of a 48) that the '90's Swans are pretty nice
to sail. And except for lack of water tankage, awesome in build quality - under
the floorboards is a work of art!! I think they were built to have a watermaker.

But, I have to agree - some of the boat on the list are not good cruisers. The
OI41 is a dog to sail, but it worked well when cruising the out islands of the
Bahamas - like BVI, not far to go each day and lots of room and stability.
Maybe that's why folks like cats.

Please don't try to evaluate by number of units sold..... we would have a list
of Hunters, Catalinas, McGregors and such. Good for their purpose, but as great
cruisers???

I'll put in a vote for the 35-1. Took me an eon to go by one with a 135 genoa
while flying my chute on the 30-1. And they were having a great time (good
sailors, too).

Gary