Ok, I'm on Lake Ontario and we don't have overboard discharge so I
misunderstood "discharge" as the hose running from the head to the tank.
Nevermind!

Yes, never used it. Old boat only had a porta-potty, didn't use that
either. We do overnights but not on the hook, not yet. So, we're always at
another yacht club or marina with facilities. Not to mention that before
last season I ripped the head/plumbing/holding tank out of the boat and did
not replace until .. well, now. I'm picking up the last bits for the
install this weekend. I've been debating the vented loop on the intake, the
old installation did not have one and I've got a brand new seacock on that
thru-hull which I keep shut. The only reason for the vented loop would be
in the event that I forgot to close the seacock .. not out of the realm of
possibility.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto