Hi All.

It seems the drum on my ultrafurl is sticking. I know that other C&Cs used
this furling gear so I was hoping for some feedback from other ultrafurl
owners. I dropped the swivel down and it is fine so I'm blaming the drum.
It needs a lot of coaxing to turn and it will turn, then come to a stop,
turn, then stop, turn then stop .. etc. The energy required to turn it is
quite high, I have to go forward and manually turn the drum to furl or
unfurl the sail. How can I troubleshoot this? I'm nervous that this will
require some forestay action but I'm hoping not.
According to their site it can be installed without dropping the forestay
so I'm hoping I can take it apart too. It's an Ultrafurl 500. I'm waiting
on an email back from ultrafurl.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Steve