Halyard wrapping is the most likely culprit

In a message dated 7/15/2013 9:22:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bushma...@aol.com writes:

Steven that sounds like a halyard may be  catching the furler at the top of
the mast, and getting wrapped up in the  sail...;

Richard
1987 33-II; Ohio River, Mile 584

Richard N. Bush Law Offices
235 South Fifth Street, Fourth Floor
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
502-584-7255

-----Original  Message-----
From: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
To:  cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 9:08  am
Subject: Stus-List Ultrafurl - sticking

Hi All.

It seems the drum on my ultrafurl is sticking. I know that other C&Cs  used
this furling gear so I was hoping for some feedback from other ultrafurl
owners. I dropped the swivel down and it is fine so I'm blaming the drum. It
needs a lot of coaxing to turn and it will turn, then come to a stop, turn,
 then stop, turn then stop .. etc. The energy required to turn it is quite
high, I have to go forward and manually turn the drum to furl or unfurl the
 sail. How can I troubleshoot this? I'm nervous that this will require some
 forestay action but I'm hoping not.
According to their site it can be installed without dropping  the forestay
so I'm hoping I can take it apart too. It's an Ultrafurl 500. I'm  waiting
on an email back from ultrafurl.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

the C&C Photo Album
 _http://www.cncphotoalbum.com_ (http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/)
 _CnC-List@cnc-list.com_ (mailto:CnC-List@cnc-list.com)

This  List is provided by the C&C Photo  Album