So you can pull the shaft without dropping the rudder.

sam :-) 403-617-6280
From: Nate Flesness
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:10 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Reply To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 30 MK1 backing help

Offset prop on my 30-1 here in Wisconsin
(always wondered just why they did that?)

Nate
":Sarah Jean"
1980 30-1 #602
Siskiwit Bay Marina
Lake Superior
Cornicopia, WI

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Robert Gallagher <trys...@gmail.com> wrote:
First off, I have to correct... Not all 30 MKI boats have an offset prop.  In fact, I believe that most did not have an offset prop.  None of the ones I have seen in the US have an offset prop.  I have seen photos of them that do so yes there are hulls with the offset prop.

What motor do you have?  If it's and A-4, I would seriously consider replacing it with an inexpensive little three blade from Indigo.  It will work wonders at reducing prop walk, give you a punch in reverse/stopping.  It increase engine RPM and give you a little more power motoring through seas, chop and/or a headwind.

It's not perfect but I found a marked improvement.

YMMV.