From: Stevan Plavsa
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:10 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Toronto to the Thousand Islands

Hi All,

This will be my first real cruise and I was hoping for some pointers from other
Lake Ontario sailors. I'm looking for tips on places to anchor along the way
and clubs to stay at, places to avoid, things to be aware of. We've only done
overnights at other clubs thus far. We do have the ports cruising guide.

A friend just loaned me a set of paper charts that will cover the entire cruise
for which I'm very grateful (lots of charts! $$$) but they are out of date, not
sure how much of a big deal that is, he didn't seem to think it was a big deal
at all.

We have two anchors, a big CQR and a smaller delta, 50 feet of chain and
another 150 of rode. Haven't ever spent a night on the hook either so any
gotchas on that topic would be handy as well. I have a few books that I've
studied so I understand these things in principle .. no better way to learn
than by doing so we're going for it. August 10 to 26 is the time we have booked
off which means that we're starting this thing during the Perseid Meteor shower
.. I really want to do on an overnight passage with my girlfriend, say from
Toronto to Cobourg or something like that so that we can enjoy the meteor
shower out on the lake. I'm a sucker for that annual meteor shower and haven't
gotten to enjoy it in years. I know enough to avoid the shipping lanes other
than that an overnight on the lake seems pretty straightforward.

Any thoughts and recommendations are much welcome.

Thanks,
Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto