St. Clair Marine, which is on the Canadian side at La Salle on the Detroit
river does decent work, but they are not cheap. Repairs
and storage is what they do, and they seem to do a fair bit of both. I had a
look around when I was looking at an Islander 36 that
was for sale there in January of 2009. I really don't know if he is more
expensive than anyone else, but an aquaintance of mine
with a C&C 29 had some collision damage repaired there 2 years ago. An idiot in
another sailboat had T-boned him while he was at
anchor near the beach, with his kids swimming in the water around the boat.
Charges were laid. Anyway there was damage to the toe
rail, hull, and deck at the point of collision and when he got the boat back
you couldn't tell any thing had happened. The damage
visible from the outside was maybe a foot long tops, but penetrating. The bill
was around 15 grand if I recall correctly, but it
was an insurance job, and sometimes that makes a difference. I would certainly
shop around, both for competence and price.
   South Shore Yachts might be worth contacting since they were formed in part
from the remanents of C&C. I don't think that they
tackle repairs of that nature, but it might be worth seeking advice there
anyway given their particular knowledge of C&C yachts.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON