From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
djhaug...@juno.com
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 2:55 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Atomic 4 Carb rebuild

Hello all,

I'm looking into rebuilding my carb.  I'm having some idling issues and It's
getting better and better but I think It should be better still.  When I looked
inside the carb.  It was dirty and gritty...no good,

I sprayed it all with carb cleaner.  Although it is better I want to try a
rebuild and more aggressive cleaning.

I've found the moyer rebuild kit at $87.00 + shipping then I found this one

for $26.00 and I could buy 3 for the less and get free shipping...
http://www.carburetion.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?Part=KT-5535

It seems it is even a better kit in that it has more parts, specifically, it
seems to have the throttle arm seal and cap in it.

Is moyer really just price gouging?

he even charges another $12.50 for his tech tip videos on trouble shooting you
carb.  I mean I'm all for a guy making a buck but, you'd think if he is
charging more than triple on parts, he could throw in the videos...  I'll
probably pay the $12.50 to see it, especially if I save all that dough on the
kit!  Then, I don't have to feel guilty about not giving the guy my business...
 I mean I'd hate to see him go out of business...

Anyway, maybe this is a substandard kit?

Also, I have a rebuilt carb that I did last year before I knew I was buying the
Moyer exchange engine.  So, I'll swap that in, I would just like to have a
rebuilt one on standby...

I also found a farm tractor supply selling the whole carb for $175.46  Moyer
wants $270

http://www.farmersserviceinc.com/marine.htm

Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated!  I thought this could be
good infor for the other A4 boats... if there are any left LOL

Danny

This List is provided by the C&C Photo Album http://www.cncphotoalbum.com