Thanks for all the great info on the 4000 Autohelm.  I'm thinking it might
be a magnetic disturbance of the compass and I think I might have stowed a
head-mounted flashlight in the chart table.  Maybe... I hope that's it.
We shall see this weekend when we get back for another trip.

As for the sail, the boat came with a tri-radial spinnaker.  The real
deal.   I think the PPO may have been into racing but the PO and the CO's
are not. The PO said he'd never raised the thing in 12 years.

At this point, Lisa and I don't want to wrestle with a full on spinnaker if
the wind pipes up and we have to get it under control in a hurry since it
will usually be the two of us or the two of us and if there are others they
won't know anything about sailing.  So... a crusising spinnaker I believe
is what we need.   I'd like to get a used one and will check Bacon in
Annapolis.

If anyone would like to trade sails, I'd give up the tri-radial spinnaker
for a asymmetrical of appropriate size.  Its solid red.  3 oz, and seems to
be well made amd in very good condition from what I've seen of it but I
admit we haven't pulled the whole thing out of the bag.  Its a Doyle
sail.  We are near Annapolis.

As far as connecting it, we have a typical roller furler on for the genoa
and a custom anchor roller sprit with a nice large piece of stainless that
I could drill into to connect the tack with a few feet of line to allow it
to rise up a bit to see under.  Is that about right?

>From what I've heard, Bacon has the info to size the sail appropriately for
make and model of boat but I'd like to hear any opinions from the list as
well.
Thanks again.  Sorry to be a pests with all these questions.

--
Ron & Lisa
'86 35/3