From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Steve Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:12 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List A question regarding a sail

Take a look at the ATN web site for their "Tacker" and sock. There are videos
of both in action. You may not choose to use either of them but you should at
least be aware of these options. There are several companies that also make
socks. An asymmetric is still a large sail and you have to get it down some
how. The Tacker will give you better control over the tack of the sail than you
would have with just a block tied to the anchor roller.

I use both, ATN Tacker and sock, and a symmetrical spinnaker that I fly as an
asymmetric. The setup has a more restricted range of sailing angle to the wind,
but it works quite well in most conditions where you would want such a sail
while cruising. The main advantage of a true asymmetric over my setup is in
sailing closer to the wind in light air.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII

<<inline: image001.png>>