Brent,

        I know people have made trips across the ocean in rowboats, but I can't
express enough how much I agree with John and Maryann. As someone who owned a
1978 C&C34 for many, many years (it was the Enterprise-A), we got to know the
strengths, weaknesses and limitations of the boat very well.

        Over the course of our ownership, we took her a few times on the Around
Long Island Regatta, the first half of which is run on the ocean-side of Long
Island. As John and Maryann state, in light air and a little chop, the C&C34
will move like a dream. In heavy air and high waves, you'll actually hear the
hull "crunching" under the stress. In one of those races, we were up against
18-25 winds with 9-foot waves and, after a few miles, we all thought it would
be safest to turn around. We call that one the 5% Around Long Island Regatta.

        I have almost 40 years of sailing experience. I would not want to do
any ocean voyages on a C&C34.

        All the best,

        Edd

        Edd M. Schillay