From: Colin Kilgour <charliekilo...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sun, Sep 1, 2013 12:05 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 34

I'd echo some of what others have said... Most boats, if well
prepared, can handle bluewater voyages.  However, some boats are more
comfy at sea than others and a non-bluewater boat (say a C&C34) can
beat the hell out of a crew. So while any boat - in theory - could
sail bluewater  a C&C 34 would be well down the list of boats that I'd
want to go to sea in.

Also, a good boat can (often, but not always) cover a rookie sailor's
ass.  We met a few families in the Carib who were newbie sailors but
managed to cross over from Europe on a kickass boat.

However, if you were going to sea in a c&C 34 (to be clear - a non
kickass boat), I'd recommend you be a rock star bluwater sailor before
attempting that.  Sounds like your friend ain't.  At least not yet.

Please do him a favour and don't encourage him to do this.  He
probably has lots of folks egging him on, but what he needs is someone
talking sense.

Cheers
Colin

--