USWatercraft acquires rights to build C&C Yachts

(https://plus.ibinews.com/article/0xgmShHufWk/2013/09/05/uswatercraft_acquires_rights_to_build_cc_yachts/?prepare=print)

Production of the C&C line will move from Ohio to Rhode  Island

USWatercraft in Warren, Rhode Island, has reached an agreement with Tartan
Marine Company to build and develop all models of the C&C Yachts brand.
Terms were not disclosed.
"We are extremely excited to carry on the traditions established by the
legendary Canadian boatbuilders who introduced C&C Yachts some 50 years  ago,”
says Randy Borges, president of USWatercraft, in a statement. “We look
forward to building high-quality and competitively priced C&C sailboats, at
our 100,000 square ft facility.”
Tartan said it will no longer produce the C&C 101 and 115 models under  the
C&C brand, but will build them under the Tartan brand.
Tartan owner Steve Malbasa said in the statement he was “pleased” to have
USWatercraft take over the development of the C&C line. USWatercraft will
also handle servicing C&C owners. “At the same time, we can remain
laser-focused on marketing, distributing and building the iconic Tartan brand
and
supporting our loyal Tartan owners throughout the world,” Malbasa added.
USWatercraft builds the Alerion, Rip North and True North boat brands, and
last year acquired detailed records of 13,000 J-Boats. The company said it
would  be able to offer parts to those sailboats.
USWatercraft said it will begin production of new C&C models this  autumn.