We really want to take a moment here to welcome Jim and Anne back to "our world". They've been gone for months, circumnavigating Vancouver Island, another world.

By now, Jim is our resident fog expert, and it's a delight to see him back on the list.

Thanks, Lee

We have usually crossed in September, in everything from my Shark 24 to the 35, and it has never been really awful, and it has been mostly nice. I second the suggestion to go via Porlier Pass, overnight in Clam Bay and head out in the morning. Porlier is an easy ride and doesn't get the same chop as Silva Bay, plus you don't have to dodge Thrasher Rock and a bunch of reefs.

We have never had fog crossing Georgia Strait, but this seems a very foggy year so you never know.
--
Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift