get a marine survey

________________________________

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Tom
Lynch
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:16 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Moisture Content

I'm  looking at purchasing a 1980 C&C 40 that has been out of the water
for 2 seasons maybe 3.  As I understand it, this is a cored hull boat
and I'm trying determine the extent of moisture in the hull.

I've read that taping 6 inch square of plastic freezer bag on the hull
in various locations and leaving it for 24 hours and then reviewing to
see if any moisture has condensed on the interior surface of the
plastic.  Due to this boat being out of water for this  length of time,
will this test be valid?  Anyone familiar with sort of test and whether
or not this will provide any meaningful information?