OK, here's my problem, please let me know the collective wisdom of the fleet!
I have a 1987 33-II; Yanmar 2GM; the engine has been running fine for the past
two years (which is as long as I've owned it); standard routine maintenance and
winterization (oil and filter replaced); batteries in good condition;

Today we had to motor for about 2 hours, running at 2400 rpms, at 6.3 knots,
with no issues. We docked at a restaurant for about 1/2 hour or so, and then
when we went to restart the engine, the alarm whistle went on but nothing else,
the engine would not turn over, or even "click"; after several tries, we tried
tapping on the starter with the end of a screw driver while pushing the start
switch, and presto, the engine started immediately!  So, is this the same issue
as has been recently discussed, (insufficient wiring to the switch, poor
grounding to the engine, etc) or something else?   If more info is needed, let
me know, and I'll gladly provide...

This has never happened before so we were surprised when it happened.  Many
thanks for all your help.

Richard
1987 33-II; Ohio River, Mile 684;

Richard N. Bush Law Offices