Sounds like it is longer?

Did you count the teeth and compare it to your old one?

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 animated_favicon1

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David
Knecht
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 6:09 PM
To: CnC CnC discussion list
Subject: Re: Stus-List Raymarine ST4000 autopilot problem

So I got a new belt from Ebay and have tried to install it and am having
problems.  The lever used to have a positive lock when moved to the engage
position.  Now the whole arm is floppy all the time.  I also cannot find a
position of the adjusting cam where the belt is engaged in the engage
position and disengaged in the disengage position. It is locked in most
places. I am testing by simple trying to rotate the two halves of the
mechanism independently of each other. Is that the right way to adjust (the
manual talks about attaching power and measuring amperage but that seems
overkill if you can't rotate it). Any ideas?  Thanks- Dave

David Knecht

Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT