Mine has an issue where it randomly releases :(

I "fixed" it with a bungee, but does anyone know what part is causing this?

I have fixed the opposite issue where it won't work because the drive pin
shears about 5 times from buying the thing in 1989 to now.

BTW - do not EVER let all the plastic gears come apart. It is about 20 times
harder than a Rubik's Cube to get them back in correctly. Raytheon ended up
fixing it for me on the condition I never ever call them or send them any
parts of the autopilot again.

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35 MK I

j...@dellabarba.com