Hello to all.  My first post.

I'm the new owner of a previously well loved C&C 33 mkii 1985.  I'm going
through I think the normal new boat challenges/headaches/expenses...but in
particular a couple that I'd like some advice on:

1.  Upon cleaning a really smelly,slimy bilge today (salt water, Vancouver BC)
I noticed water spraying into the bilge from an old screw hole (low in the
bilge, on forward side, used for holding bilge line).  It stopped
spraying/dribbling after approx. 10 min (and a bit of a panic).  I'm assuming
the "putty" fill (as shown in the owners manual) forward of the bilge wall
might have voids that fill with the raising water in the bilge?  When the bilge
is emptied the water forward has some head to it and comes back into the bilge.
 Does this all make sense?  Should I be concerned?  What can I do?

2.  With winter arriving, I've been trying to plug into shore power.
Unfortunately our service is only 15 Amps.  All I have running is a smart
charger (drawing 5 amps at 120V) and a saucer heater drawing 0.7 amps.  The
breaker on the shore panel keeps tripping.  I checked the charger by plugging
it in direct...and all fine.  I bought a new cable with a more positive
connection to the pigtail.  To no avail.  So, I think I have a problem on the
boat.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Derek Stanger