WOW! How hard do you have to run aground to wreck a lead keel? OUCH!

Joe Della Barba
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I
From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck S
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:02 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List keel swap

Curtis, You're a lucky guy.  You got a great deal on your boat I guess?   Which
model do you have?  What year?
My annual costs for slip, insurance and winter storage are more than the cost
of your boat.

We had to do the keel after a very hard grounding.  It was a lot of work and
was a good price considering the old keel was beyond repair.  Most of the cost
was labor and the yard charged me half price cause I helped with every phase
including glassing the new keel joint.   I was able to get a newer shorter
draft, Rob Ball design.
Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R