Oh yes, I tried that once. On my other boats I used to splice lines myself.

That’s why when we rebuilt the rig I had the riggers completely replace all the
running rigging with the Sta-set X while they had the mast. It was pretty nice
running all the new lines with the mast on the ground. New lines, new shackles.
Flemish loops, my favorite…

Thanks guys.

Dave
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin