Hi Chuck- I had exactly the same experience after a May launch.  The shaft
zincs looked fine at that time, so I left them and put a new bullet on the
prop.  They still look pretty good and the bullet was nearly gone when I
hauled.  It seems like we are getting differential erosion.  What are you
thinking the Tefgel would do?  Dave

On Dec 1, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Chuck S <cscheaf...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Wow.
> Installed the bullet shaped zinc last Spring but launched late, early July.
> Haulout in mid November revealed it was fully intact while the MaxProp cone
> was half gone.  I intend to try the Tefgel next season.
>
> Chuck
> Resolute
> 1990 C&C 34R
> Atlantic City, NJ

David Knecht, Ph.D.
Professor and Head of Microscopy Facility
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269