From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck S
Sent: December 5, 2013 8:38 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Now Stability - was List halyards again( 10 aloft = 1
on the rail )

Neil,
Sorry, I'm heavily biased by life experience, logic, hundreds of books on
boats.  Read Skene's Elements of Sailboat Design.
Center of buoyancy on a keelboat is always above center of gravity.  On my
boat the CB is a foot above the WL while the CG is 4 feet below.  The
Drawings prove it.  Buoyancy must exceed displacement also.  Sailboats face
different requirements than cruise ships so should never be compared.

Another source:
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/centre-gravity-buoyancy-d_1286.html

Chuck
Resolute