After much study and review I purchased a portable charger last night

Battery Tender Plus 8v 1.25 Amp 3 Stage Smart Charger BT8v021-0152
This is a very popular 8 volt unit for battery storage. The Battery
Tender Plus is a 1.25 amp battery charger designed to fully charge a
battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging
effects caused by trickle chargers. The E-Z quick disconnect harness
(1 of each ring ends and alligator clips included) allows you to leave
the charger wiring attached to the battery while operating the
vehicle. Battery Tender Plus will not overcharge or boil battery when
connected long term.

I hope it will keep them topped off when I'm not there.

--
“Sailors, with their built in sense of order, service and discipline,
should really be running the world.” - Nicholas Monsarrat