I used to sail on a C&C 61 way back when they were one of the hot boats
around. The owner, in order to improve communication from helm to bow,
installed speakers on the pulpit. That way we could hear his advice and ,
occasionally, opinions on our lethargic performance as we handled the
sails. It was very helpful, but alas, the speakers were less robust than
they might have been and rarely survived the first dip pole gybe of a race.
Pity...

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine