Paul,

Last time I pulled Touche's mast, the Spartite plug came out with it.  If
you're lucky, it will for yours.

If not, I would pry it out intact.  You can probably use a screwdriver from
below to loosen it once the mast is out.  A piece of wood and a mallet should
pop it out.

Once out, slide it on the mast once the mast is down.  Leave it a couple inches
below where it was while in the boat.

When you re-insert the mast, slop a lot of Vaseline on the plug and collar.
You may need a rubber mallet to drive the plug back down into the collar.

It's also good to run a bead of LifeSeal around the top of the plug under the
lip, assuming your plug has a lip.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA