John:

My advice to you is to unseize your seacocks and/or replace them if unseizing is not possible. I would not change the setup to drain out above the waterline.

Just how would you go about doing this?  Doesn't make sense.

In doing so, are you going to leave the existing seacocks seized in the 'open position'? And how? Don't think your surveyor/insurance company would like that!

The 'port seacock' is easy to get at on my boat.....empty the port lazarette, climb down and there you have it astern......the starboard seacock is more of a challenge....open the 'hatch' at the back of the quarterberth and look in....it right in front of you.

Don't think you have any choice but deal with the seized seacocks!

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.