I appreciate the planning you are doing before your haul out. Isn't it nice
to be where the water doesn't freeze and you can sail 12 months a year?
Belle had her last bottom job in November 2011, so she'll be due for a haul
out in a year or so. Imzadi was splashed in the summer of 2010, and had a
touchup on her bottom when hauled in 2012 for some other work, so she is due
sometime in the spring of 2016 unless I decide to do some other project that
causes a haul.

I think it would still be a very good idea to install seacocks on the
through hulls, even though they are "just above the waterline".

If the geography of your boat is like that of either of mine, the cockpit
sole is only a few inches above the waterline. On my 38, it might be 10". On
the 25 it is less than 6". So it seems likely that you will put an elbow
below your current scuppers and run the hose pretty much horizontally to the
side of the boat. If the lee scupper will be at or below the waterline when
sailing at 25 degrees of heel, it might be a good idea to run the hose from
the port scupper to the starboard side of the boat (and vice versa) to
prevent back flow of water into the cockpit.

The through hull on the lee side of the boat will be underwater when heeled.
If a hose or a hose clamp fails, water will get into the boat very quickly.
You would need to have a seacock that you can close, or a wood plug and
mallet with which you can plug the through hull. In either event, you need
to have access to the through hulls from inside the boat.

I suppose it's gratuitous of me to say that I see the project as being a lot
of work and expense that really does not significantly improve the situation
you have now.

Rick Brass
Washington, NC