From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of OldSteveH
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:39 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Chartplotter Question

Two years ago I  replaced my old Magellan GPS (it was a dinosaur) with a
Raymarine E7 chartplotter.
I wanted it at the helm, but for expediency initially set it up at the chart
table, same place as the old one.
The plan being eventually to move it to the helm in a navpod.

However over past 2 summers its actually worked well at the chart table.
Its integrated (Seatalk NG) with my other electronics so when racing I will
pop down below and set the waypoints for the helmslady and she can see the
new course, SOG, COG, DTW, etc. on an ST60 multidisplay at the helm.
All in all not bad but I would still like to have the chart plotter at the
helm. Or at least some kind of chartplotter functionality.

What does the group think of these options:
- is there a repeater screen of some kind which can be put at the helm?
- how well do ipads work with the E7 - are they truly functional or is the
Raymarine app just a toy?
- and the reverse - chartplotter at the helm and ipad at the chart table.
Better for sun and rain considerations.

Am headed to the Toronto boat show this weekend to explore options.
Aren't boat shows great (though for whom - the sellers or the buyers -  I'm
not sure, maybe both)

Cheers

Steve Hood
S/V Diamond Girl