From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
Sent: January 23, 2014 1:05 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List structural question

Not sure if this applies at all because of the different construction, but
Touche's (35-1) head door stuck closed when I cranked on the backstay.  The
cause was a collapsing mast step.  The mast pulled down pushing the mast
collar down causing the deck to push down and bind the door.

So, my question, does your boat(s) have any way that the collar can be
pushed down when you tighten the rig or backstay?  Is there one of those
turnbuckles that attach the collar to the mast?  If so, can you
adjust/loosen the turnbuckle enough to prevent the distortion.

Again, I'm not familiar enough with the model to really know.

 Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA