From the BVI Tourism website:

Please note that in virtually all of the areas where the National Parks Trust
moorings are found, the areas can encounter rough and unpredictable seas. In
addition, some buoys are in the vicinity of shallow rocks and reefs. The
moorings are, therefore, for DAY USE only, and it is illegal to use them
overnight. - See more at:
http://www.bvitourism.com/moorings-anchorages#sthash.1ShihEdX.dpuf
> Please note that in virtually all of the areas where the National Parks Trust
> moorings are found, the areas can encounter rough and unpredictable seas. In
> addition, some buoys are in the vicinity of shallow rocks and reefs. The
> moorings are, therefore, for DAY USE only, and it is illegal to use them
> overnight.

> Please note that in virtually all of the areas where the National Parks Trust
> moorings are found, the areas can encounter rough and unpredictable seas. In
> addition, some buoys are in the vicinity of shallow rocks and reefs. The
> moorings are, therefore, for DAY USE only, and it is illegal to use them
> overnight. - See more at:
> http://www.bvitourism.com/moorings-anchorages#sthash.1ShihEdX.dpuf

> Please note that in virtually all of the areas where the National Parks Trust
> moorings are found, the areas can encounter rough and unpredictable seas. In
> addition, some buoys are in the vicinity of shallow rocks and reefs. The
> moorings are, therefore, for DAY USE only, and it is illegal to use them
> overnight. - See more at:
> http://www.bvitourism.com/moorings-anchorages#sthash.1ShihEdX.dpuf

Hmmm… interesting.  Not what I was led to believe.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis