From: Kevin Driscoll
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 2:51 PM
To: Frank ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Advice Wanted: Cleaning out a Fuel Tank C&C 30mkII

Great advice Frank! Your experience of changing the filters off shore is
exactly why I hope to get ahead the issue, in advance of our planned trip to
the San Juan's in July. Sounds like I should increase my inventory of spare
filters beyond the two that I currently carry.

Was this the Starbrite tank cleaner product you used?
http://www.starbrite.com/item/star-tron-tank-cleaner?category_id=699

Coincidentally I am doing some arm chair sailing today from the office and just
listened to this podcast interview w/ Matt Rutherford, who describes trying to
salvage an abandoned 48 Swan. He mentions attempting to polish diesel by
disconnecting the fuel line on the engine side of the filter and then pumping
the diesel through the filter and into Jerry cans and repeating the process a
number of times. Interesting technique.

Frank, will you be at the SYSCO meeting Monday at RYC?