From: "Dennis Cheuvront" <capt...@gmail.com>
To: "CnClist" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:54:12 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Sizing AC unit

I have a 16KBTU Cruisair on Touche' No doubt in my mind you need a 16KBTU if
you're anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line.

It can hold mid 70's inside up to about 90F outside. Above that, it holds high
70's. That's with a head start. That is, if it was on all night and we got the
boat temp down into the 60's prior to sun up.

If you're starting mid-afternoon with outside temps in the 90's, you'll take a
couple hours to break 80F inside.

Also Touche's forward hatch is fiberglass, the midships and companionway
hatches are white translucent. Clear hatches will let a lot more heat in.

There's also the reliability factor. I'd rather have a larger unit humming
merrily along than a smaller unit struggling and running more hours.

One of the more overlooked factors is the size and run of the cooling water
hose. Bigger is better. It WILL make a difference.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA