Hi

I have used a CPAP for 12 years, both on sailing and white water canoe trips.

I own 5 machines, kept in different places and one to travel with.

I run one of my CPAPS off 12 v and the draw is reasonable for sail and canoe,
however I do consider this to be one that I could walk away from without
financial ruin LOL. So far it seems to run fine without a voltage regulator or
voltage stabilizer plugged right into a 12 V outlet.

My best newest CPAP,  my travel techy one is a different story. It is brain and
controls are very nice but oh such a techy brain inside. Yes it has a 12V input
jack but it came with a huge "brick" to stabilizer and the filter the power. It
also draws three times the amps of my older one ... probably lost in the
regulator brick. I travel with this one in a waterproof Pelican box. I did take
this one on the Chicago Mac a few years ago ... The captain thought that my
navigation and storm mast climbing skills were valued enough that he wanted my
CPAP to run LOL ... without my CPAP I am a useless vegetable near death ...  He
decided to run the engine to keep the boat batteries sufficiently charged in
order to run my CPAP.

I was given another CPAP that was supposed to run on DC power. Right! It does
run on DC power but 24V DC! argh

          Don