Invertors need to breathe, they dissipate heat, so unless your loads are really
minimal a locker is going to need effective ventilation.

Steve Thomas

From: e...@schillay.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:29:02 -0400
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Inverters

All,
        I’ve always wanted to have a setup like this, but, as part of it, put
the inverter in a locker or behind the instrument panel so the wires and the
big metal box are hidden. Does anyone have something like this set up? And, if
so, how do you power on the inverter?
        Or do you have the inverter out and have a cord plugged into one of the
outlets that runs back inside to your shore/gen switch?

        All the best,
        Edd

        Edd M. Schillay Starship Enterprise     C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY         Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log

On Mar 27, 2014, at 10:07 AM, Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com> wrote:Edd,
Blue Seas makes a couple of different ways to switch between an Inverter and
Shore Power.  Either solution could be mounted next to the AC Panel beside the
Chart Table on the Enterprise.

Here are links to the switches (two ways of doing this):
http://www.bluesea.com/products/8367/AC_Rotary_Switch_Panel_30_Ampere_2_positions_%2B_OFF_2_Pole

or
http://www.bluesea.com/products/8032/Traditional_Metal_Panel_-_120V_AC_30A_Toggle_Source_Selector

The Rotary Switch is a little cheaper than the Breaker solution and you don't
need the breakers as you have a main breaker in the AC panel right next to the
suggested switch location.

To wire this up, the existing wire from the existing shore power inlet (which
goes directly to your existing AC Panel) would now go directly to one side of
the Rotary Switch and a new, short wire would jump from the Rotary Switch to
the existing AC panel.  A new wire from the inverter would go to the other side
of the Rotary Switch.  Simple.

Ken H.