The strainer that fits into the little recess on the floor was a red rubber
Jabsco part.  They don't seem to make it anymore but it appears you could
make it up out of the spare parts for this pump:
http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/337xx_43000-0301-EN.pdf

Specifically, the parts: Neoprene Intake Base Angled Type with Connector
33839-0100 & Foot Strainer with Integral Valve 33632-0100

>From here:
http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/hand-pumps/manual-operated-hand-pumps.htm

An older thread on the same subject:
http://cnc-list.com/pipermail/cnc-list_cnc-list.com/2010-February/031590.html

Alternately, one of these, laying in the recess upside down might work
almost as well but it won't have the integral backflow (check) valve and
the hose size is a bit too big at 1":
http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/method/Shopping_Products/CatId/153/ID/277.htm

Ken H.