I was using the spray version, and I used it on my wind instrument, and
also on a lot of snap shackles and similar hardware. Worked great for a
while, and then it just turned to reluctant goo. I ended up cleaning it off
everything with various solvents ranging from paint thinner (shackles) to
WD-40 {wind instrument). I relubed with McLube Sailkote and everything has
been fine ever since.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III