My E7 chartplotter arrived back from Raymarines screen fix recall. On the
weekend reconnected it and set up my iPad to control remotely (RayControl
app).
Last year I didn't have the ipad, so the remote control part is new to me.
At first look its awesome, esp with the software updates on the E7.

Questions for the group:
Anyone have operating experiences with this arrangement - good and/or bad?
Anyone have enclosure recommendations for the iPad?

I was originally going to move the chartplotter to the helm but the wiring,
including Seatalk trunk would be a major PITA.
It seems like it would be much easier to find an enclosure for the iPad and
keep the chartplotter at the chart table.

Cheers,

Steve Hood
S/V Diamond Girl
C&C 34