This past weekend I disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled 4 of my
7 Barient winches and I did 1 two weekends ago--so 5 of 7 have been done.  My
Barient 22 and 18's got new pawls, pawl springs, and circular spring clips
(purchased from West Marine but the originals still worked after 30 years).  My
Barient 28's are a different design than the smaller Barients but no spare
parts were needed.  Unless something is grossly wrong with the operation of one
or more of your old Barients, you probably won't need spare parts.  One of my
28's was bound up pretty bad and I had to work some solvent down into the
bearing to loosen it up so that I could get the drum off--now it turns very
freely!

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days