Hi Andrew,

You should always expect water in the forward part of the bilge, it comes down the mast. All the openings and lines will feed water down. The forward part of my bilge was partitioned off with a separate pump, which I didn't know about, till it made a wicked racket at 4am of course. The pump doesn't get it all, so I vacuum it out occasionally. Clean it out and see if it's rain water or salt water.

If you don't have a smile, than I wouldn't worry much about the keel.

Sail the boat, Lee
Simplicity 1974 35-II
Seattle

--