I would suspect that it is a bit dry. On the other hand, it has to be dry after 6 months on the hard (each winter).

The only problem I see is that if there is a problem you would have to haul it out.

Marek (in Ottawa)

-----Original Message----- From: M Bod via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 2:15 PM
To: C&C list
Subject: Stus-List Spring prep

This spring is challenging - the weather is just starting to warm up. Hopefully this weekend I can strip off the boat cover, get the boat paint done, quick polish/wax topsides and do some initial interior cleaning on the new boat.

Target is to splash Friday next week. Bit of a challenge because boat is an hour drive away.

Any advice on dealing with a stuffing box?
I've never had one before. I've read lots online. Bought new stuffing if required. As far as know there were no issues with the stuffing box previously - but after 3 yrs on the hard should I replace the stuffing?
Not sure if it might dry out at all?
Or should in leave well enough alone - only replace it if there is a problem?

Mark