I installed the X5 with a p70 head unit last year and installed the flux gate
in the L shaped settee, low and near the center just aft of the head.I still
haven't got the stupid thing working however...

---------- Original Message ----------
From: dwight via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "'Steven Winks'" <swi...@cogeco.ca>, <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Raymarine X5 auto pilot installation C&C 34+
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 10:14:48 -0300

I have my fluxgate compass mounted low in the boat just after of the mast under
the settee near center line&hellip;I have the control computer mounted in a pod
on the Binnacle guard&hellip;same pod also has my gps chartplotter&hellip;I
find these to be good locations on my 35 MKII&hellip;I like to have the control
where I can see rudder angle and heading, a remote control would be useful at
times but I do not have one and there is little to interfere with the compass
in that location&hellip;mine is an ST 4000 MKII plus, not that much different
than the newer X5