Alan, Dennis, Martin,

I appreciate the replies.  We have also repaired "smiles" - small grins at
least - at the rear of the keel seasonally with ever increasing structure
over the last few years, hence my reticence to crank on rather than the rod
force.  We had short waves ~3' plus out of alignment with the waves, so not
an easy state, but I was not impressed by our pointing compared to other
boats where we are normally reasonable comparable.    We had max baby stay
on to flatten the main, which we ended up reefing (plus a 110% jib), so
maybe that wasn't the best move.

My experimentation for this weekend will be to stand the mast up a little
more (take rake out at the step) and shorten the forestay a little then try
again.  The current setup works very well in 12-15 true, but I have not yet
worked out waves and wind.

Thanks,

Tim