I "grew up" sailing on racing boats.
None had furlers, ie with jibsheets on furled sails, fouling the pole
downhaul and also the pole itself.
After 4 years with DG I still have to sort out the arrangement every time we
fly the chute.
And God help us if we have to gybe.

Can someone explain: Imagine the headsail furled with sheets going back to
starboard and port amidships.
Should I be routing the pole downhaul (which is on a pillowblock center
foredeck) a. between the jib sheets, b. to one side of them or the other?
Are there any odd requirements for a gybe, ie a re-route?

I thought of taking a bungee cord and tying the jibsheets up near the tack
of the jib. That would make it like the old days.

This has got to be simpler than I'm making it right now. Thanks for any
tips.

Steve Hood
S/V Diamond Girl
C&C 34