As long as you have the slotted toe rail and the traditional arrangements of
primary and secondary cockpit winches  you could use your outboard jib sheets.
We put a snatch block near the mid point of the trunk cabin windows on the toe
rail.  We run the line aft along the toe rail to the secondary (spin) winch.
We have a snap shackle on the forward end to the line.  Until needed (outboard
jib sheet, preventer or asymmetrical guy) we keep the forward end attached to
the life line.

When a preventer is needed we unclip the outboard jib sheet from the life line
and attach to the bottom of the boom and take up the slack on the aft/secondary
cockpit winch.  If you will be jibing you can hook up the other side as a lazy
preventer.  When it is time to jib you release the preventer and take up on the
lazy preventer when the jib is completed.  Both sides can be left on going to
weather too.  This works great for doublehanded sailing.  If not needed I do
tend to take them off the base of the boom as I like having a clear walkway
from the cockpit to the front of the boat.

I have pictures of this setup on my website at:
http://desiresailing.org/DeckSetUp.htm

Michael Clow

Desire <http://desiresailing.org/> , C&C 32, Lake St. Clair