http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByID.html

My guess is that the US documentation is long expired. It requires annual renewal to keep it active.

Bill Bina

On 6/17/2014 12:13 PM, Alex Giannelia via CnC-List wrote:
I know this topic has been covered in the past, so bear with me.

My boat was exported to the US possibly as early as the date of manufacture,
then received a Documentation number (evidenced by a carved sign in the
forepeak starting with the letters DOC.... and mentioning a tonnage.  No MASTER
BUILDER's certificate....

Then around 1988, sustained such substantial damage in the starboard stern
quarter that the HIN was removed as part of the repair.

Then in 1990, it was exported to Canada where it was licenced and we are we
believe the 3rd owner in Canada since 2001.

Now, I want to register this vessel and want to know from the US listers, how
can I confirm with the US authorities that it was de-registered in the US?  I
would need an archive copy, so the Canadian authorities are assured it isn't
registered in a foreign country.

I recall looking up a web site which was rather opaque, so any help would be
appreciated.

Cheers!

Alex

Alex Giannelia